Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lia....then and now....


I had the best of intentions. Really I did. I was so proud of my non-technical self when I figured out how to set up a blog awhile ago. We adopted Lia from Shaanxi Province in February 2006. She was 14 months old when we brought her home. She is utterly and without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened to Jim and I. We pinch ourselves constantly, and although the looking over our shoulders has slowed over the past two years, it is not gone completely and we still can't believe someone hasn't called to tell us they made a mistake. We can't figure out how two perfectly average (albeit fun-loving and goofy.....we aspire to goofy in our home) people like us got matched with such a fabulous little person. From time to time (okay almost hourly...she has been with us for almost two years) we see the "goofy" in Lia come out and think "Ahhhhhh....that was it....the goofy factor...". But we will probably never be sure.......

I have so wanted to enter the blogging world I have only previously viewed from the outside.....but I couldn't figure out how to post pictures. My technical skills are still shaky at best.....but the time has come and here we are.

On February 7th, we will celebrate two years with Lia. I can scarcely wrap my brain around that fact. So for my first post, long overdue, it is Lia....then and now....

2 comments:

forever sisters... said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Kate! Looks good, and I can tell you from experience that the techinical part comes with practice. I learned by trying everything, then trying something again, and was amazed when something worked! Of course, I could never remember how I made it work! Oh, and Lia is beautiful!

your Panda pal,
Carrie in WI

my3 kids said...

what a beautiful little girl you have.

http://www.momtoo3.blogspot.com/